We are just a day away from the start of the 2010 Event. So here’s just a few reminders and updates:
- The main events at the Hard Rock Cafes will be held at:
- Hard Rock Cafe in Hollywood on Friday, June 11 at 6 pm
- Hard Rock Cafe Miami on Saturday, June 12 at 5 pm (Note time change!)
- There will be event shot glasses at all venues (including the pre-party), so stock up!
- If you are not attending the event this year but would like to purchase a set of the charity “monster series” buttons, tomorrow Wednesday, June 9th is the deadline. So get your order in! If you are attending, make sure to find Lois, Carmen or Paul for your buttons. All money raised goes to charity!
- The Pre-Party Event is on Thursday, June 10. The fun begins at 4 pm at the John U. Lloyd State Beach Park. Take note of the following – IMPORTANT:
- The park closes to the public by 8 pm so you MUST BE IN THE PARK prior to 8 pm. We have a permit to stay in the park after hours but those attending must already be inside the park. Come late and you’ll be “locked out”! Don’t miss out on the party by being tardy!
- We have reserved the “Jetty” pavilion which is the last/northern most pavilion in the park. Once you’ve entered the park there is only the one road with parking lots accessed from that single road. After entering the park keep going to the last parking lot–the only thing past the “Jetty” pavilion area is an area gated off for Navy/Coast Guard, so if you get to that gate you went a couple 100 feet too far.
- You cannot bring in any glass items as this is a beach – beer bottles for instance. So although this is a BYOB type event, make sure you have plastic or canned containers. There will be juice and pop for those not drinking (or holding out for the drink contest!!). There will be cups provided for those that want to share a bottle of something.
- Dinner is at 6 pm and is a catered affair – Pollo Tropical chicken, white rice, black beans, caesar salad, sweet plantains and some desserts – see, told you not to miss the party!
- This here is a beach – so come with some beach gear and enjoy the area!!
- There is a park entrance fee:
- $4 for single occupant vehicle
- $6 per vehicle (2-8 people)
- $2 per pedestrian, bicyclist or extra person over max. per vehicle free for children 5 years old or younger
- There is a charity for the Pre-Party so don’t forget to purchase your raffle tickets!
Directions to the pre-party:
From the south: Take I-95 to Sheridan Street. Take Sheridan Street east until it dead ends into A1A north which is N. Ocean Drive. Take A1A/Ocean Drive north until you come to the park toll booth.
From the north: Take I-95 or FL turnpike to I-595. Take I-595 east until it ends at the ramps for US 1. Take the ramp for US1 South. Take US1 south to Dania Beach Blvd. Turn left/east on Dania Beach Blvd. Take Dania Beach Blvd. over the bridge for the Intercoastal Waterway at which point it will curve to end into A1A which is N. Ocean Drive. The 2nd right along the curve will take you north on Ocean Drive. The toll booth entrance to the park is about 1/4 mile up on Ocean Drive.
From US1 (if you are already east and not taking I-95/turnpike): Follow the directions from the north above starting with the US1 to Dania Beach Blvd. part.
The annual Drinking for Royalty contest will crown a new King and Queen of Shots again but there will be other contests running throughout the course of the events so find your host, Trevor, for more details!
Have a blast, raise a drink for Andy and remember the Ninjas (drink responsibly!).